Texas Car Accident Statistics31 Jul 2019, by Texas Car Accident Statistics in
Auto Accident Lawyers Serving Houston and Surrounding Areas
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, 249,241 persons were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2018. Although this number is about a 2% decrease from the number of motor vehicle accidents in 2017, Texas still leads the nation in auto accident fatalities.
Looking at these statistics not only helps us to see why these accidents occur but also how to better prevent them. Below you can find more data on motor vehicle traffic crashes.
2018 Texas Motor Vehicle Traffic Crash Facts
- -There were 14,282 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- -There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- -In 2018, there were 398 people killed in crashes involving distracted driving. This is a 12% decrease from 2017.
- -In 2018, there were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
- -In 2018 there were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
If you or anyone you know has been involved in an auto accident, feel free to contact Talabi & Associates to review your case at 713-266-0529.