What To Do After A Car Accident08 Jul 2019, by Auto Accidents in
Getting into a car wreck is definitely not something one wishes for but unfortunately it does happen. With around 6 million car accidents occurring every year in the United States (driverknowledge.com), it is important to know what you need to do in case you are involved in one:Â
- Stop and do not drive away from the scene of the accident-even if it is a minor one.
- Take pictures to document the damage to the vehicles involved and surrounding debris at the scene of the accident.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, it is imperative to call an officer to the accident and file a police report. Also, make sure you and anyone involved is not injured. If anyone is injured, make sure to dial 911 and call for help immediately.
- Exchange information with all parties involved. It is important to get names, phone numbers, driverâ€™s license information and car license plate and make. Also get the insurance information for all involved in the accident.
- Report the accident and all information pertaining to it to your insurance company immediately. During this time you should find out what other coverage you have through your insurance that could help you with your accident. Make sure you note all of this.
- Consult with an attorney. With so many parties involved, you want to be sure to have an attorney that will represent you and fight for your rights.
Have you recently been involved in a car accident in Houston, TX? At Talabi & Associates, we have handled thousands of personal injury cases and are ready to help you. We work on a contingency fee basis meaning you are not responsible for legal fees until we win your case. Contact us today for your no obligation, free in-office consultation.